Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Brian Roberts Card of the Day-Plus Are There Any Other B-Rob Card Collectors Out There?

Welcome to the Brian Roberts card of the day! Today's card is from 2008 Topps Finest, card #29 the uber-shiny refractor version. I don't know why I love refractors so much, but I do... I had just got back into the hobby in 1993 when Topps released the Finest Refractors for the first time. I was completely wowed back then and I still love them. They scan so nice and look so cool. I hate trapping refractors in my player binders-I prefer to let them be free in top-loaders so they can move around and do what they do best-refract! I thought the back of the card in 2008 was a big bust. I love me some trivia, but I prefer the Finest Moment or at least something relevant to the player. This trivia question asks "Which team holds the record for consecutive losses?" I answered to myself and I was wrong. I will give you the answer at the end of this post. I am slowly sorting and scanning my Brian Roberts cards. I am also adding to the collection pretty quickly. Dude has ALOT of cards. As I add to my collection, I am gaining dupes. I am looking for other Roberts collectors that I can trade with. I don't have anything real fancy or high-end, but I have a couple of duplicate refractors and a couple of extra relic cards that I would like to trade for B-Rob cards that I still need. If you are a Roberts collector, please get in touch with me! My email addy is bacontowne at yahoo dot com. Oh, and the answer to the trivia question is the 1961 Phillies who dropped 23 games in a row. Thanx for reading...

3 comments:

  1. Bad News for Ebay Sellers.

    Today was the first day of free postings under 99 cents on ebay (up to 100 a month - up from 5).
    Yesterday there were 207,000 Topps cards listed for sale. Today there is 1.5 Million listings for Topps cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, is that thing PINK!? It looks pink. Maybe it's just me and these ever aging eyes. Refractors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am other Roberts collector.

    ReplyDelete