Saturday, April 17, 2010

Brian Roberts Card of the Day

Brian Roberts is on the 15 day disabled list because of his back. He got his second epidural shot this week and is set to visit Doctor Lee Riley on Monday. Prior to going on the DL he was batting .143. In the few games I watched him bat-he didn't look like himself at the plate. He didn't have his normal patience, control, bat speed, power or timing. He did look just fine in the field and on the basepaths. More news will come on Monday. Till then here is today's Card of the Day. On my other blog, the Collective Troll, I have been posting about my Tampa Bay Rays team set quest. Last night I finished off the 2007 Topps set including series 1, series 2 and Updates and Highlights. I was pretty psyched! In celebration I wanted to show a Roberts card from that set. This is card #UH267 and the back celebrates Brian Roberts' second All Star Appearance. He was a Player's Choice on the 2007 All Star team. At the midseason point he was batting .326 with 25 steals. He finished the year off batting .290 for the Orioles, but he did double his steals total and led the AL with 50 stolen bases in 2007. His 258 steals is 17th among active players. This is another of the many cards that Ryan AKA Orioles Magic from the Great Orioles Autograph Project sent my way. Thanks to Ryan for the card and here's to a positive visit to the doc for Mr. Roberts. For those interested in helping with my Rays Topps team set needs, the list is HERE. I am also trying to finish off the 2010 Topps set with inserts. I am getting close and I am building up doubles. My have/need list for that set is here if you are interested in trading. A few notes on the O's... They are in last place in the AL East with a 1-10 mark. Brian Roberts' 2 steals leads the ball club. Ty Wigginton is leading the club with 3 homers and Miguel Tejada is tops with 7 RBI. Julio Lugo is playing second base in Roberts' absence. He is batting just .118 with 6 strikeouts and no extra base hits in 7 games. Things can only get better. Thanks for reading, gotta run!

1 comment:

  1. You're very welcome Bacon, glad you enjoyed the cards. It's been painful to watch the O's so far this season though...

    ReplyDelete