Thursday, April 1, 2010

Leading Off With 2003 Donruss Century Legends of Summer Jim Palmer Certified Auto

Although I do have MANY Brian Roberts cards to post here, I thought I would push the Orioles theme and post one of the only certified Hall of Famer autographs that I still have in my collection. I have started Cakes collections several times in my life. The dude had an amazing career and he did it all in orange and that type of loyalty still means something to me... Anyway, I don't think I have ever posted this little gem before and this seemed like the place to do it. It isn't up here as trade bait, although I would consider the right offer, but the right offer for me would involve a certified auto of Steve Carlton, Larry Doby, Buck O'Neill, Ray Dandridge or Willie Stargell... The card comes from the 2003 Donruss Signature Series, the Century Legends of Summer subset. The card is number LS-20 in that set. Anyway, the card uses the space well with a shot of Cakes in delivery with a nicely framed sticker autograph to his side. The card is numbered 082/100 on the back. Brian Roberts cards will return soon, hope no one objects to a little Jim Palmer every now and then... While you are here, PLEASE cast a vote for the top second baseman, okay?

2 comments:

  1. how about an elroy face auto??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked,
    I already have a couple of Face autos... If not HOF for HOF it would have to be 2 for 1. Like Blyleven and Madlock for Palmer... It is the only trade card I have right now and I want to get something good for it... Do you need it?

    ReplyDelete